A simple checklist to remind me of the basics today, and every day:
- Take a few minutes to check in with yourself.
- Loosen your jaw. Puff up your cheeks like a blowfish.
- Listen to your body (Are you thirsty? Do you need to pee? Do you need to stretch? Do those things now)
- Remember everyone struggles with the same questions and fears. You are not alone.
- Take your eyes away from the screen, look out the window for a few minutes (really LOOK out the window. What do you see?)
- Be gentle to yourself (What would you say to your little sister if she were in this situation? Say it to yourself.).
- Put things into perspective (Will this be of any importance whatsoever in a month or a year’s time?).
- Be ok with not feeling ok. Emotions come and go like waves.
- Go for a breather or a quick walk outside.
- Remember: you are enough.
What do you have on your list?
JOYFUL GRATITUDE #54
This week via work I got to participate in a lovely full-day workshop about resilience outside the office (think cosy yoga studio with mats, blankets and cushions…:) I am very grateful for the opportunity to step away from the daily grind to think about resilience and getting some tips on how to recognise stress and cultivate resilience in our fast-paced and ever-changing world.
The workshop was very interactive and it was wonderful to get to know my colleagues better and particularly interesting to see that we share many similar struggles, regardless of our backgrounds.
Setting boundaries is a big challenge for me so I’ve decided to focus on improving how I identify my boundaries and how I communicate them. I see these steps as the key to being kind to myself and I’m curious to see where this awareness will lead me.