A simple checklist to remind me of the basics today, and every day:
- Take a few minutes to check in with yourself.
- Loosen your jaw. Puff up your cheeks like a blowfish.
- Listen to your body (Are you thirsty? Do you need to pee? Do you need to stretch? Do those things now)
- Remember everyone struggles with the same questions and fears. You are not alone.
- Take your eyes away from the screen, look out the window for a few minutes (really LOOK out the window. What do you see?)
- Be gentle to yourself (What would you say to your little sister if she were in this situation? Say it to yourself.).
- Put things into perspective (Will this be of any importance whatsoever in a month or a year’s time?).
- Be ok with not feeling ok. Emotions come and go like waves.
- Go for a breather or a quick walk outside.
- Remember: you are enough.
What do you have on your list?